23 Mar Italy Coronavirus- latest updates March 22
Principal Relocation Company wants to provide you an update in regards to the situation of the Coronavirus. The latest Decree introduced by the Italian Government to contain the spread of the Covid-19 has been issued on 22/03/2020 and the Italian population is called to respect it.
As a reminder for you all, the general norms that still apply and that must be respected are the following:
The recommendation is “Stay Safe, Stay at Home”
Individuals must remain at home and limit any transit as much as possible. Transit is only permitted in one of the following scenarios:
- Serious health reasons
- Primary necessity (buy food, medicines)
- Job reasons
Individuals who are moving within the City Hall must be in possession of a self-declaration clearly stating the reason of the movement. You can download the self-declaration form on your smartphone/iPhone at the following link: https://autocertificazionespostamenti.it/.
The new decree released yesterday, 22nd March, provides the following restrictions in order to further contain the spread – please be mindful of the following:
- All industrial & commercial production activities are suspended, with the exception of those indicated in Annex 1 (education, sanitary, etc.). The suspended activities can only continue if organized through smart-working.
- It is prohibited for any individual to move or relocate via public or private transportation to a different municipality from the one they are in except for proven work needs, of absolute urgency or for health reasons. The words from the decree issued on March 8th “all individuals are allowed to go back to their residential or domicile place” is therefore cancelled and no longer applies.
- Activities that are considered “essential” and of public utility shall remain active unless communicated otherwise – nevertheless, the suspension of public access to museums and other cultural places remains valid and in place as well as the suspension of education, unless provided remotely/ smart-working mode.
- The activities of production, transportation, delivery of medicines, sanitary technology and medical surgery devices as well as any agricultural/ food products shall continue.
- All activities related to the air/ flights industry and defence as well as any activity related to the strategies to enhance the national economy are allowed, based on where these activities are located.
The Authorities have recently informed that – in cases of serious health reasons for a relative living abroad, the individual is allowed to leave the Country. Based on the destination Country and the local regulation implemented by the Government, the individual can be subject to a quarantine period (minimum 15 days).
- Pharmacies and prepharmacies
In any case, the security distance between people (at least 1 meter) must be respected.
- All catering (including bars, restaurants, pubs, ice-cream shops, bakeries) are closed. Company canteens can remain open if they are able to guarantee they can keep a distance of at least one meter between customers and workers. Home delivery is allowed. Food shops in petrol stations, train stations, on highways, in airports and hospitals will remain open as long as they can guarantee the security distance of 1 meter.
- Services such as hairdressers and beauty parlours will also be closed.
- Banks, insurance & financial offices will be open with a limited opening hour.
- The agricultural industry will remain active.
- Public transportation (including sea, trains, airplanes) may be reduced or cancelled
Principal Relocation Company since the very beginning of the emergency, in order to safeguard the wellbeing of its staff and clients, has implemented the BCP and continued delivering services through virtual & remote assistance.
Our emergency phone numbers will remain always available during out of office ours.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you all informed.
Chef Executive Officer