03 Apr Italy- update Coronavirus
Principal Relocation Company wants to provide you an update in regard to the situation of the Coronavirus. The measures introduced by the latest Decree issued by the Italian Government are still enforce and will be extended until April 13th; the Italian population is called to respect it and the new Presidential Decree will be issued shortly.
There have been some slight modifications to the previous norms enforced by the Government:
The recommendation is “Stay Safe, Stay at Home”
Individuals must remain at home and limit any transit as much as possible. Transit is only permitted in one of the following scenarios:
- Serious health reasons
- Primary necessity (buy food, medicines)
- Job reasons
- Going back to the residential or domicile place (only for serious reasons such as moving for work and need to return to its own place)
Individuals who are moving in/out or within the City Hall must be in possession of a self-declaration clearly stating the reason of the movement.
You can download the self-declaration form on your smartphone/iPhone at the following link: Click Here To Download (issued on 26/03/2020).
Citizens are allowed to take pets for a walk (in the nearby of the house), and elderly assistance personnel is allowed to accompany individuals to buy food and medicines, attend visits and medical exams for health reasons. Sport outdoor activity is allowed (walking or running) only in the nearby of the individual’s residential address and only if performed alone. Parks, villas and gardens are closed in order to prevent assembly of people.
As anticipated, the Authorities have recently informed that – in cases of serious health reasons for a relative living abroad, the individual can leave the Country. Based on the destination Country and the local regulation implemented by the Government, the individual can be subject to a quarantine period (minimum 15 days).
Furthermore, we want to remind you that:
All shops are closed during the day/night. The only exceptions are listed below:
- Pharmacies and para-pharmacies
In any case, the security distance between people (at least 1 meter) must be respected.
- All catering (including bars, restaurants, pubs, ice-cream shops, bakeries) are closed. Company canteens can remain open if they are able to guarantee they can keep a distance of at least one meter between customers and workers. Home delivery is allowed. Food shops in petrol stations, train stations, on highways, in airports and hospitals will remain open if they can guarantee the security distance of 1 meter.
- Services such as hairdressers and beauty salons will also be closed.
- Banks, insurance & financial offices will be open with a limited opening hour.
- The agricultural industry will remain active.
- Public transportation (including bus, trains, airplanes) may be reduced or cancelled
The Authorities have confirmed that – in cases of serious health reasons for a relative living abroad, the individual can leave the Country. Based on the destination Country and the local regulation implemented by the Government, the individual can be subject to a quarantine period (minimum 15 days).
Principal Relocation Company since the very beginning of the emergency, in order to safeguard the wellbeing of its staff and clients, has implemented the BCP and continued delivering services through virtual & remote assistance.
Our emergency phone numbers will remain always available during out of office ours.
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you all informed.
Chef Executive Officer